- Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Quick hits from the media-access period in the Patriots' locker room today (11:15 a.m.-noon):
1. TE Aaron Hernandez and CB Kyle Arrington were players drawing large media crowds. In the media workroom, OT Matt Light, G Brian Waters and WR/S Matthew Slater held news conferences.
2. The presence of ESPN's Kenny Mayne drew the attention of several players. Mayne is in town for a light-hearted feature on Ross Ventrone, and several players were happy to play along. Keep an eye out for it this weekend on ESPN.
3. Receiver Wes Welker, always one for a laugh, tweeted: "Just did a bit w/Kenny Mayne. He always has me script stuff word for word. And all the players look like idiots! #letmebecreative #imfunnier."
4. Could this year's playoffs be the final games of running back Kevin Faulk's NFL career? Faulk acknowledged he's thought about his future, but his focus at this time is on the Broncos. As for his reduced role this season, Faulk said, "As a competitor, it doesn't feel the way I want it to feel, but that's life. You just to have adjust and move forward." Fellow running backs have credited Faulk for his positive influence.
5. Players said they received mostly positive feedback from coaches on their Tuesday practice, which was held in full pads. The message was to build on that today.
6. Practice squad receiver Britt Davis has drawn the assignment of Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas (6-3, 229) in practice. Davis, who previously spent time with the Broncos, was considered a good fit by the coaching staff because of his size (6-3, 205).