Some quick hits surrounding the Patriots:
1. Some players are in the process of returning home. Rookie running back Shane Vereen tweeted, "On my way baq to Cali. ... See you on the flip side Boston!" Offensive lineman Nick McDonald tweeted, "On my way back to detroit.. Yes I'm driving.. stopping in niagra falls to stay the night.. Never been there." The next time many will return to town is for the team's offseason program.
2. On Grantland, Bill Simmons gives his 15 "silver linings" from the Patriots' loss to the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI.
3. Tight ends coach Brian Ferentz is a candidate to become Iowa's offensive line coach, Adam Rittenberg of ESPN.com's Big 10 blog notes. In last Saturday's "football journey" on ESPNBoston.com, Ferentz's love of Iowa shone through.
4. Couple of programming notes for those who haven't tuned out: Sound FX tonight on NFL Network (9:30 p.m. ET) will feature quarterback Tom Brady and defensive lineman Vince Wilfork mic'd up from Super Bowl XLVI, and ESPN's "Outside the Lines" is talking New England Patriots today (3 p.m. ET).
5. Things should be a little quieter in this space over the next few days. My primary goal is to finalize the defensive snap counts from the Super Bowl and create a final document with snap counts for the complete 2011 season for followers to reference throughout the year. Outside of that, there might be an sporadic update here on the blog, but I'm going to lift the foot off the accelerator a bit. Thursday's Patriots chat is still on schedule (noon).
6. The New York Daily News notes that Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are scheduled to play in the Pebble Beach Pro-Am.