- Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
A few quick hits to lead off Tuesday morning:
1. The final position group, defensive backs, work out today at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. The top-rated safety prospect, Mark Barron of Alabama, isn't working out (hernia). The safety class isn't considered deep.
2. For a different perspective on the Patriots' roster and some free-agency thoughts, check out Greg A. Bedard's "On Football" piece in the Boston Globe. The line that stood out most from this perspective, "Despite talking about retiring, right guard Brian Waters is expected to be back for another season." Waters is under contract for another season ($1.4 million) and with uncertainty surrounding left tackle Matt Light and the free-agent status of centers Dan Koppen and Dan Connolly, the return of Waters would be a boost.
3. Julian Edelman and Kevin Faulk will be serving pancakes at Boston's Children's Hospital this morning as part of the team's "Celebrate Volunteerism" campaign.
4. Offensive lineman Marcus Cannon was back in Odessa, Texas speaking at an elementary school. His message to students was captured by the Odessa American.