- Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
The Patriots annually produce a news release for media members with loads of information to make us appear smarter than we really are. For that, we are thankful.
A few notes from the Patriots' draft news release that landed in the inbox today:
1. Round 1 is scheduled for Thursday, April 26 at 8 p.m. ET.
2. Rounds 2-3 will be Friday, April 27 at 7 p.m. ET.
3. Rounds 4-7 will be Saturday, April 28 starting at noon ET.
4. Approximate time of the 27th overall pick, currently owned by the Patriots, is 11 p.m. ET.
5. Approximate time of the 31st overall pick, currently owned by the Patriots, is 11:25 p.m. ET.
6. Director of player personnel Nick Caserio is scheduled to hold a pre-draft news conference at Gillette Stadium on April 19. These news conferences help preview the draft, but one shouldn't expect specifics on which players the Patriots plan on drafting (it wouldn't make sense for the team to reveal that information before the April 26-28 draft).
7. In his New England tenure, the only year Bill Belichick didn't make a draft-day trade was 2004.
8. Under Belichick, the Patriots have made 15 draft-day trade-ups, 13 draft-day trade-downs, and 18 draft-day trades that involved players/future considerations.
9. There are 10 minutes per selection in the first round; 7 minutes per selection in rounds 2-3; and 5 minutes per selection in rounds 4-7.
10. In 2013, the Patriots are without picks in the fifth and sixth rounds. The fifth-rounder was traded to the Redskins for Albert Haynesworth, and the sixth-rounder went to the Bengals for Chad Ochocinco.
4dESPN.com news services