- Field Yates, ESPN Insider
- 0 Shares
Taking a look at some of the Patriots news from around the web:
1. Veteran Trio Has Familiarity, Now Will Compete: One of the story-lines discussed at length on this blog has been the pending wide receiver competition in training camp. Yet another compelling wrinkle of the competition is that just three receivers from the 2002 NFL draft remain in the league, and all three -- Deion Branch, Jabar Gaffney and Donte’ Stallworth -- are Patriots. Nick Underhill of MassLive.com dissects the potential battle brewing between the three.
2. More Receiver Competition: Continuing with the theme of receiving competition, Kevin Fishbain of Pro Football Weekly examines four players -- Chad Ochocinco, Stallworth, Julian Edelman and Matthew Slater -- who he believes will battle it out for the final receiving spots on the roster. He points out the importance of experience vs. versatility, and how those could affect the decision.
3. Gronk Buzzes For Charity: Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski took part in a charity event put on by One Mission to support cancer research at Gillette Stadium on Sunday, as chronicled by Jeff Howe in the Boston Herald. He’s now sporting a cleanly shaved head, as was on display at the Celtics game on Sunday night. Howe also updates us on Gronkowski’s surgically repaired ankle, which is steadily improving.
4. Branch Video Goes Viral: Last week, an Under Armour promotional video featuring Tom Brady took the internet by storm and became an instant hit. Receiver Deion Branch is the latest Patriot to appear in a video, as he is seen milking a cow while helping to educate viewers on the importance of both natural and lactose free milk.
5. Seau’s Final Days: The USA Today provides a look inside the final days of former Patriots linebacker Junior Seau, who committed suicide on the morning of May 2. Among the details provided is Seau’s battle with insomnia.