- Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
If you're watching tonight's Seahawks-49ers game on NFL Network, feel free to share some thoughts in the comments section of this blog entry.
I will pop into the comments section from time to time to share some thoughts on the game.
It's a good chance to get a look at the 49ers, who come to Gillette Stadium on Dec. 16. And also, an opportunity to revisit some thoughts on the Seahawks, who beat the Patriots on Sunday.
A few thoughts from this perspective:
1. Was impressed with the Seahawks cornerback tandem of Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner. They are big and physical. Will be interested to see how Randy Moss, who has been the No. 3 option for the 49ers, gets off the line against either of those two.
2. Moss has played 115 of a possible 386 snaps this season (29.7 percent), behind Michael Crabtree and Mario Manningham. But Manningham is inactive tonight, so Moss could see more time. He might not be playing at the same level as 2007, but I always enjoy watching Moss play. You never know what you might see.
3. Anxious to see how the Seahawks respond tonight, coming off the emotional win over the Patriots. Tough spot for them on the short week, playing a 49ers team that is coming off a disappointing home loss to the Giants.
4. One final thought on the Seahawks: They delivered some hard hits on the Patriots in what turned out to be a very physical game. The Patriots are a banged-up football team right now, and the Seahawks are a significant factor for that being the case. From a Patriots perspective, they need to find a way to get through these next two games (vs. Jets, at Rams/in London) before a much-needed bye.