- Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Every day of the New England Patriots training camp, we'll have a wake-up call that previews the day ahead.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Patriots will have their 13th practice of training camp this afternoon, shifting from a morning route to an afternoon itinerary this week.
Here is the schedule:
Approximately 2:15 p.m. ET -- Bill Belichick news conference
2:30 p.m. -- Practice
5 p.m. -- Player interviews
A few things we'll be monitoring:
1. Following up on the presence of backup quarterback Ryan Mallett. He didn't practice Sunday, which simply could have been because he had an extended workload last week, in both practice and the preseason opener. Or perhaps there is something more to it, as it relates to Mallett's left knee, which has been protected with a brace.
2. Left tackle Nate Solder, after some struggles in joint practices last week and in the preseason opener, and signs of improvement.
3. Can rookie cornerback Malcolm Butler, who has been receiving quality reps in practice, build off a strong preseason opener?
4. The new look at the tight end after the Patriots signed three new players Sunday.