- Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
A collection of links from those covering the New York Jets, who visit the Patriots on Sunday:
1. Has team reached crisis situation? Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com writes on the post-game scene after the team's 34-17 loss to the Ravens in which quarterback Mark Sanchez turned in one of the worst performances of his career. Writes Cimini, "If last week's loss to the Oakland Raiders was a hiccup, what was this? This was a pass-the-barf-bag game. The Jets (2-2) have lost two straight, the first time they've suffered back-to-back, double-digit losses in the Ryan era. And, oh yeah, they get to play the New England Patriots next. Have we reached a crisis, gentlemen?"
2. Dissecting Jets' rushing woes. Cimini, of ESPNNewYork.com, produces a blog entry on the Jets' struggles to run the ball. Instability along the offensive line has hurt, and perhaps it's been too much pressure put on Mark Sanchez's right arm.
3. Super Bowl talk subsides. Columnist Gary Myers of the New York Daily News revisits Rex Ryan's prediction that the Jets would be in the Super Bowl. "The Jets, for now, have lost their swagger," Myers writes.
4. Bryan Thomas injury cuts deep. Brian Costello of the New York Post details what the injury to starting outside linebacker Bryan Thomas, the longest-tenured Jet, means to the team.
5. Back to "Ground & Pound." Jenny Vrentas of The Star-Ledger details how Rex Ryan wants to get back to running the football. "How about we give Shonn Greene a chance?" Ryan says.
6. Joe Namath creates a stir. Manish Mehta, Christian Red and Hank Gola team up for a New York Daily News story on legendary Jets quarterback Joe Namath taking aim at Rex Ryan's Jets. It includes comments about receiver Santonio Holmes's critical remarks of the Jets' offensive line.
A collection of links from those covering the New York Jets, who visit the Patriots on Sunday:1. Has team reached crisis situation? Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.