1. Wes Welker's career day (15 catches, 192 yards) was a top storyline. "He's one of the toughest guys I've ever played with," quarterback Tom Brady said. On the Jets' side, cornerback Darrelle Revis compared him to the Energizer bunny because he just keeps going.
2. Jets coach Rex Ryan said there was only one battle his team won in the game -- Darrelle Revis vs. Randy Moss. Matched up against Moss for most of the game, Revis played a big part in limiting Moss to five catches for 34 yards (1 TD).
3. Brady explained why he was peeved about the two delay-of-game penalties against him. "I put my head down with one [second left] to snap it, and I just think I'm getting that off," he said. "Typically we go down pretty late in that count a lot of the time. He was pretty quick on that whistle."
4. Jets right tackle Damien Woody said one thing that stood out from the Patriots' defensive approach was their high total of blitzes. "They brought more pressure, wanted to heat [Mark] Sanchez up more," he said.
5. Bill Belichick called it a "real good performance" and said "you have to give all the credit to the players." He talked about the short turnaround from the difficult Colts loss. By Wednesday, he felt the team had turned the page. "I'm really proud of the way they handled themselves," he said.
6. Belichick was already looking ahead. "We know we have a big challenge this week down in New Orleans. They are a great football team, I've seen a little bit of them," he said.
7. Jets linebacker Bart Scott on the mood of the team. "We are a desperate football team now. There is no magic remedy. The only way out of a hole is to dig your way out."