New England Patriots
Print without images
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Ten fast facts from Patriots' win
By Mike Reiss
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Ten fast facts from the Patriots' 20-10 win over the Panthers on Sunday:
topped the 100-catch mark for the third straight season. He joins
(3) as the only NFL players to catch 100 or more passes in three consecutive seasons.
2. Welker tied the NFL record by reaching 100 receptions in a season in the fewest number of games (11).
gained 75 yards from scrimmage and now has 7,059 yards from scrimmage in his career, moving past Tony Collins (7,003) into third place on the Patriots' all-time scrimmage yards list.
4. The Patriots put together their 31st drive of the season that was 10 or more plays. They entered the day as the NFL leader in that category.
went over 100 points on the season, with two field goals and two extra points. He has scored more than 100 points in each of his four NFL seasons.
6. Gostkowski's 47-yard field goal in the fourth quarter was the 100th of his career.
7. The Patriots are 15-1 in December games at Gillette Stadium (opened in 2002).
won his 22nd consecutive home game (including postseason).
9. Welker has 11 straight games with six or more receptions. The record for most games with six or more receptions is 16, set by Marvin Harrison from 2002-2003.
10. Welker has caught at least six passes in 25 of his last 27 regular-season games.