Monday, October 11, 2010
Top Deion Branch moments with Pats
By Mike Reiss
Recapping some of the top Deion Branch moments in New England after he joined the team as a second-round draft choice in 2002:
1. Named Super Bowl MVP after tying a Super Bowl record with 11 receptions in the Patriots’ 24-21 win over the Eagles in Super Bowl XXXIX. Branch had 133 receiving yards in the game.
2. Totaled a game-high 10 receptions for 143 yards and a touchdown in the Patriots’ 32-29 victory over the Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII.
3. Came up big in the 2004 AFC Championship Game against the Steelers with a team-high 116 receiving yards, on four receptions, in a 41-27 win.
4. Led the Patriots with eight receptions and set a Patriots playoff record with 153 receiving yards at Denver (Jan. 14, 2006), while also recording the longest reception in Patriots playoff history (73 yards).
5. Set Patriots single-game rookie record by hauling in 13 passes at San Diego on Sept. 29, 2002. That tied the second-highest total by a rookie in NFL history.
6. Played in 53 regular-season games (42 starts) from 2002-2005. Also played in eight playoff games (all starts) for the Patriots.