Monday, October 10, 2011
Quick hits from (quiet) locker room
By Chris Forsberg
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Quick hits from the media-access period in the Patriots' locker room:
1. Coach Bill Belichick might have been a Chatty Cathy on the heels of Sunday's triumph over the rival Jets (he spent nearly 22 minutes at the podium Monday), but tumbleweeds were rolling in the Patriots' locker room on Monday. Safety James Ihedigbo drew the only media crowd of the day.
2. Blame the weather. Maybe all the players were in a rush to enjoy what's likely the last beach-caliber day of 2011. You don't get many of these 80-degree dandies in mid-October.
3. Asked if he's enjoying his time in New England, Ihedigbo deadpanned, "What’s not to enjoy? I get to hang out with you guys." Before turning serious and noting, "No, I definitely am. It's a great organization, a great team. I’m definitely privileged to be a part of something special."
4. After watching tape, Ihedigbo noted that the Patriots "left some plays on the field," but said the team would continue to learn from those mistakes. It was certainly the defense's best effort of the young season, but Ihedigbo was already spinning it forward to next week's visit from Dallas. "We’re at a point where we see the accomplishment of beating the Jets, and it’s great, but we’re moving on towards Dallas," he said. "It's Monday, we gotta start watching film on [the Cowboys]. It's a new work week."
5. Both Matthew Slater (ribs) and Josh Barrett (hamstring) walked through the room. Slater suffered his injury during the second half of Sunday's game and didn't return, while Barrett was inactive versus the Jets due in part to a hamstring ailment suffered in Oakland that limited him in practice all week.