Thursday, November 3, 2011
Video: Patriots-Giants AccuScore report
In the video above, Prim Siripipat goes inside the numbers to see how the Patriots-Giants game plays out in AccuScore game simulations.
Among the findings:
* The Patriots won 71 percent of more than 10,000 AccuScore simulations by an average score of about 32-24.
* After averaging less than 20 points per game in their last two games, the Patriots' offense projects to bounce back against the Giants. They are averaging 32 points per simulation.
* In simulations, Giants quarterback Eli Manning is averaging more than 275 yards passing and two touchdown strikes. The Giants won 41 percent of the simulations in which Manning did not throw an interception.
* According to simulations, the Giants' ability to disrupt Tom Brady -- as they did in Super Bowl XLII -- will determine whether they have a chance to win the game. If Manning has no interceptions and the Giants sack Brady three or more times and intercept him at least once, New York is 57 percent favorites. If Brady is not sacked more than twice and has no interceptions, the Patriots are 86 percent favorites.
* Click here to simulate the game yourself, choosing your own scenarios, individual performances, weather and more.