Friday, April 19, 2013
Different views on Patriots' schedule
By Field Yates
Following up with a few more links and perspectives relating to the Patriots' 2013 regular season schedule.
1. Toughest road ahead? That's what Football Outsiders says for the Patriots, who they declare to have the hardest schedule in 2013. The reasons? The Patriots play three of the AFC's elite teams (Baltimore, Denver and Houston) and the two divisions the AFC East plays this season, the AFC North and NFC South, both project to be strong. (Insider content).
2. Welker's revenge? In his look at the top five "revenge games" of 2013, Marc Sessler of NFL.com's "Around the League" blog pegs Wes Welker's return to Foxboro on November 24 as the top choice. The return of Welker adds a layer of intrigue to the always exciting Brady vs. Manning matchup.
3. Walker's take. ESPN.com's AFC East blogger James Walker offers his take on the Patriots' schedule, noting the biggest complaint for the team to be a late bye week (Week 10).
4. Prisco's picks for best games. Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com has picked his 10 "can't-miss" game for 2013, and the Patriots are well represented. Prisco notes a matchup against the Saints, as well as clashes with a pair of AFC rivals, the Broncos and Ravens, as can't-miss.
5. Banks echoes the thought. Don Banks of Sports Illustrated unveiled his own list of "must-see" games for 2013, and the Patriots will be involved in three of 17 choices. Those three games? The same Prisco highlighted: against the Saints, Broncos and Ravens.