- Mike Reiss, ESPN New England Patriots reporter
- 0 Shares
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Some quick-hit thoughts from the Patriots’ inactive players:
1. Quarterback Tom Brady, who was questionable with right shoulder/right finger/rib injuries, is active as expected.
3. Veteran cornerback Shawn Springs, who did not play in the team’s last four games, is active.
4. With interior sub rusher Myron Pryor (chest) out, the Patriots have Titus Adams replacing him on the 45-man game-day roster. With Ron Brace also inactive, the team has Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Jarvis Green, Mike Wright and Adams atop the defensive line depth chart.
5. With special teams captain Sam Aiken inactive, Edelman projects as the No. 3 receiver. Aiken’s special teams duties will likely be split up, with safety Pat Chung one player to watch in some of those key roles.
6. On the offensive line, the Patriots have a different group -- position-wise -- than they have had all season. With Stephen Neal (ankle) and Rich Ohrnberger inactive, the Patriots don’t have a “pure” interior backup. Instead, they have two tackles as backups. In the event that a starting guard or center is injured, the Patriots would likely have to make multiple changes. Nick Kaczur is one option at guard in the event of an emergency.
7. Running back Fred Taylor, who warmed up for about an hour before the game, was deemed not ready for action. It appeared that he was a game-time decision as he continues his recovery from right ankle surgery.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Some quick-hit thoughts from the Patriots’ inactive players:1. Quarterback Tom Brady, who was questionable with right shoulder/right finger/rib injuries, is active as expected.