Following their quick-strike 1-0 win over Portland, the Revolution (1-2-0, 3 points) return to the road to face the defending MLS Cup Champion Los Angeles Galaxy (1-1-0, 3 points) on Saturday at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif.
The match will kick off at 11 p.m. ET, and will be nationally televised on the NBC Sports Network. The Sports Hub 98.5 will provide a radio broadcast to local listeners.
The inter-conference matchup marks the only occasion in which the Revolution and Galaxy will face each other during the regular season. Last year, New England claimed a 1-1 draw at Los Angeles on March 20, but lost the rematch 2-0 on May 28 in Foxborough.
* The Revolution added more firepower to the attack on Wednesday by signing former Hammarby IF (Sweden) forward Bjorn Runstrom to a contract. The 28-year-old trialed with the Revolution during the preseason and scored a goal in the team’s 2-1 win over Real Salt Lake on Feb. 29.
* After sitting out last week’s game due to red-card suspension, center back Stephen McCarthy will be available against Los Angeles.
* The last time the Revolution beat the Galaxy on the road was -- appropriately enough -- on July 4, 2008, when Adam Cristman, who now plays for the Galaxy, bagged a pair of goals to give the guests the 2-1 win.
* Another familiar face on the Galaxy roster is former Revolution midfielder/forward Pat Noonan, who played in New England from 2003 to 2007. He most recently came on as an 86th-minute sub against D.C. in the Galaxy’s 3-1 win on March 18.
* Saturday’s match will be the Galaxy’s third straight league game at home, and their sixth straight going back to last season’s MLS Playoffs.
* Right back Kevin Alston, who suffered a broken nose during the course of the 1-0 win over Portland, was not present at practice on Wednesday, nor was Benny Feilhaber, who is still nursing a left peroneal strain that kept him out of the Portland game. Center back John Lozano was present and participated in some light jogging around the Dana Farber Field House, while center back Darrius Barnes participated in an 11 v. 11 scrimmage.
* After Saturday’s game, the Revolution will fly straight to Texas for their April 5 road match against FC Dallas at FC Dallas Stadium.
INJURY REPORTS (as of March 27):
-- DOUBTFUL: DF John Lozano (R hip flexor strain); QUESTIONABLE: DF Darrius Barnes (L calf strain); PROBABLE: DF Kevin Alston (nasal fracture); MF Shalrie Joseph (illness); DF Chris Tierney (R ankle sprain)