As the Red Sox and Cubs play the last of their three-game series tonight at Wrigley Field, here are some things to keep in mind:
*. Franklin Morales is making his first start since 2009. That’s not good news for the Cubs, who are 3-14 against left-handed starters this season.
* Since that last start, Morales has had only two appearances longer than 2 innings. Those two appearances happen to be his last two appearances (4 1/3, 3 innings)
* Morales is one of the 10 hardest-throwing lefties in the majors. His average fastball is 94.7 mph, tied for 8th fastest among lefties. His maximum velocity is 97.7 mph, the 9th fastest.
* Morales enters this game having retired 13 straight.
* Kevin Youkilis is hitless in his last 18 at-bats, the longest stretch of his career. Meanwhile, Dustin Pedroia is hitting .133 in 11 games since returning from his thumb injury. And Adrian Gonzalez has just 1 HR in his last 76 plate appearances.
* Eleven players have started at least one game in the outfield for the Red Sox, including seven players who have started at least 15 games. The Red Sox have used 23 different trios of outfielders, the most in the majors.
* 4. At 22-43, the Cubs are on pace for the worst winning percentage in franchise history.