Henry: Lucchino will be back for 2013

September, 13, 2012
9/13/12
3:28
PM ET
Red Sox owner John Henry on Thursday cleared up rumors about Larry Lucchino’s future with the team.

In an interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI, Henry said Lucchino will be back next season, which had been questioned by some after the president did not answer a reporter’s inquiry about whether he had a signed contract for 2013.

Henry confirmed that Lucchino has indeed signed his contract.

"This is the place I call home," Lucchino said earlier in the day. "I hope to be here for the foreseeable future. I've got no plans to go anywhere else. I enjoy my working relationship with my partners and colleagues and the challenge that faces us here is a tremendous one. In some ways, and this may sound perverse, it's appealing. We've done things one way, this is our 11th year, and quite a good ride and lots of success. But now there is a fundamental challenge to us, a very real opportunity to get this franchise back to where it should be in terms of on-field success and playoff baseball. And I relish that opportunity. I don't have any plans to go anywhere, no."

SPONSORED HEADLINES

Comments

You must be signed in to post a comment

Already have an account?