Starting Monday, we’ll be ramping up our Red Sox coverage in anticipation of their first playoff appearance since 2009. The Sox will have four days off in between the end of the regular season and Game 1 of the ALDS, so we planned a daily “5-for-5” blog series that answers five questions on this team.
Our four Red Sox writers -- Gordon Edes, Joe McDonald, Tony Lee and Kyle Brasseur -- will weigh in, but we want one of our readers for the fifth spot in our rotation.
We’ll list the questions we will be answering below and the day each will run. Submit your answers (100-150 words or so) either as comments on this blog entry, as submissions to our Red Sox mailbag, via email HERE or by tweeting using the #Sox5for5 hashtag.
You can answer just one of the questions or all five if you wish.
Check back here each morning to see if you made the cut.
• Monday’s question: What’s the biggest reason for the Red Sox’s worst-to-first transformation? And how much stock do you put in the character/chemistry argument?
• Tuesday’s question: Which ALDS matchup is best for the Red Sox (this assumes they get the top seed)?
• Wednesday’s question: Who is the unsung hero of this Red Sox team?
• Thursday’s question: Who’s the Red Sox player we’ll be talking about after the ALDS?
• Friday’s question: What’s your prediction on how far the Red Sox will go in October (be specific)?