Thursday, November 21, 2013
Sox pitchers and catchers report Feb. 15
The World Series champion Boston Red Sox on Thursday set their schedule for spring training, announcing pitchers and catchers were due to report to Fort Myers, Fla. on Feb. 15, with the first game at JetBlue Park on Feb. 27.
In total, the Red Sox will play 33 games (including split squad games and the annual doubleheader against Boston College and Northeastern), 17 of them played at JetBlue Park at Fenway South. The team will hold workouts from Feb. 17-26 that are open to the public free of charge.
Click here for the full schedule and information on buying tickets, which go on sale Dec. 7.
Here are some key dates:
• Saturday, Feb. 8: Truck Day (equipment truck departs Fenway Park for Fort Myers).
• Saturday, Feb. 15: Deadline for pitchers and catchers to report.
• Monday, Feb. 17: First official workout for pitchers and catchers.
• Tuesday, Feb. 18: Deadline for position players to report.
• Thursday, Feb. 20: First full-squad workout.
• Saturday, Feb. 22: Free open house at JetBlue Park (billed as a celebration of the World Series and a chance to tour the park)
• Thursday, Feb. 27: Annual Red Sox doubleheader against Northeastern and Boston College (1:05 p.m.).
• Friday, Feb. 28: First Grapefruit League game, against the Minnesota Twins at JetBlue Park (1:05 p.m.)
• Monday, March 17: Annual St. Patrick’s Day game at JetBlue Park against St. Louis Cardinals in World Series rematch (Sox also face the Cardinals in Jupiter, Fla. on March 5).