BOSTON -- In order to beat the Montreal Canadiens in Game 7 on Wednesday night at TD Garden and advance to the Eastern Conference finals, the Bruins will need a 60-minute (maybe more) effort from the entire team.
The Bruins will need to rely on their experience, but certain leaders and veterans need to step up.
Here are five players to watch:
1. Zdeno Chara: The captain needs to be a beast. He’ll need to empty the energy tank and completely shut down the opposition. He needs to be mean, physical and vocal.
2. David Krejci: The top-line center vowed to break out of his scoring slump prior to Game 6 in Montreal but didn’t stay true to this word. He has another shot in Game 7 and he needs to deliver.
3. Brad Marchand: Unless he’s injured, he’s another player whose lack of production has been baffling. In 11 playoff games, he has not registered a goal. In this series, especially in Game 7 at home, the Ball of Hate needs to rise to the occasion.
4. Tuukka Rask: He needs to prove why he's a Vezina Trophy finalist. If there was ever a game for him to steal, it’s tonight's. He needs to stand on his head and stifle the Habs.
5. Milan Lucic: He needs to bring the hurt, be the perfect power forward. He needs to be physical and productive. During his first shift, he should apply a bone-chilling hit on Montreal defenseman P.K. Subban. Plus, Lucic should look at linemate Jarome Iginla and use him as inspiration.