|ESPN.com: Chicago Bears||[Print without images]|
|Illinois defensive tackle Corey Liuget could be selected in the first half of the first round.|
With less than three weeks remaining before the NFL draft, here's a look at my projections.
1. Carolina Panthers, Cam Newton, QB: Auburn, Potential trumps character concerns.
2. Denver Broncos, Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama: Broncos ranked 31st in run defense in 2010.
3. Buffalo Bills, Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri: Sorry, Ryan Fitzpatrick isn’t the guy.
4. Cincinnati Bengals, A.J. Green, WR, Georgia: His addition might entice Carson Palmer to stay.
5. Arizona Cardinals, Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M: Could be explosive fit in Cardinals scheme.
6. Cleveland Browns, Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn: One-hit wonder? Browns gamble anyway.
7. San Francisco 49ers, Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU: Might be draft’s only most can’t-miss prospect.
8. Tennessee Titans, Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina: Da’Quan Bowers makes sense, but knee issues unsettling.
9. Dallas Cowboys, Tyron Smith, OT, USC: Jerry Jones typically goes for sexier picks this early.
10. Washington Redskins, Julio Jones, WR, Alabama: Team will address QB situation in later rounds.
11. Houston Texans, J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin: Smart, aggressive, low-risk pick.
12. Minnesota Vikings, Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson: Vikes find potential Ray Edwards replacement.
13. Detroit Lions, Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska: Team grabs another former Cornhusker in first round.
14. St. Louis Rams, Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois: Hopefully makes up for past busts at the position.
15. Miami Dolphins, Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas: And you thought Ted Ginn was a reach for Fins in 2007.
16. Jacksonville Jaguars, Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue: GM Gene Smith continues base-hit approach to draft.
17. New England Patriots, Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri: Can he make the transition from 4-3 to 3-4?
18. San Diego Chargers, Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal: Father, Steve, a six-time Pro Bowl selection.
19. New York Giants, Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College: Infusion of youth along an aging OL.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa: Bucs notched just 26 sacks last season.
21. Kansas City Chiefs, Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor: GM Scott Pioli likes to build from the inside out.
22. Indianapolis Colts, Nate Solder, OT, Colorado: Missed just two snaps over the last three seasons.
23. Philadelphia Eagles, Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin: Team’s need at RT elevates his stock.
24. New Orleans Saints, Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State: Versatile DL heads to father’s old stomping grounds.
25. Seattle Seahawks, Mike Pouncey, C/G, Florida: Pete Carroll says upgrading OL a priority.
26. Baltimore Ravens, Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado: Team’s strong locker room alleviates character concerns.
27. Atlanta Falcons, Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland: His blazing speed takes top off coverages.
28. New England Patriots, Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama: Has history with Belichick’s friend Nick Saban.
29. Chicago Bears, Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State: Major value pick that can help immediately.
30. New York Jets, Muhammad Wilkerson, DE/DT, Temple: Too talented to still be available here.
31. Pittsburgh Steelers, Brandon Harris, CB, Miami: Fills need exploited by Packers QB Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl.
32. Green Bay Packers, Justin Houston, DE/OLB, Georgia: Explosive complement to Clay Matthews?