- Jesse Rogers, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
It’s time for another edition of Five Questions With …. Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa:
1. Who is one player you disliked playing against in your career?: When I was in Ottawa, early in my career, Bryan McCabe and I always had our battles. He was one of them. Back then you could hook and hold. You know, do can-openers. He was the king of the can opener (sticks his stick between the other player's legs to help knock him over.) He got me every time.
2. You just turned 33 so do you ever feel old when you’re playing with Marcus Kruger (21) and Andrew Shaw (20)?: In one sense yeah, but in another they also keep me younger. With the energy they play, with the high speed, the carelessness going to the net, it’s fun to watch.
3. In this locker room, who do you go to when you need a laugh?: I have Kaner [Patrick Kane] right beside me in the locker room so lots of laughs with him. He always has some type of story or some kind of joke. So he’s one of the funny guys for sure.
4. Your locker was between Kane and Daniel Carcillo most of the year until now. What was that like?: That was fun, especially at the beginning. Kane was all over Carcillo. Once he got more comfortable he gave it back to Kaner back, so we had some fun in that corner.
5. You play your good friend Tomas Kopecky Friday night when Florida is in town. What kind of trash talking could you do to him?: I’m always telling him to zip his [hockey] pants because his pants are all over the place. We always give him a hard time about those pants. Nobody can stand those pants. Everybody back home is always asking about those pants because he doesn’t zip them so they’re so wide when he’s skating. It bugs everybody. He wants cheap goals so he lets his pants hang out.