- Jesse Rogers, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Friday’s Champs for Charity Game at the Allstate Arena raised over $323,000 for the Ronald McDonald House of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana. The ‘World’ team beat ‘Chicago’ 16-15 in a shootout. Here are some highlights from the game:
* Dan Carcillo won the game with a shootout goal. A slow-down move that Kane said Carcillo stole from him.
* There were several excessive goal celebrations including Jonathan Toews knocking down his teammates pretending to bowl, a Troy Brouwer led ‘kayak’ celebration with several players rowing a boat and Carcillo’s sliding, horse riding performance after his winner.
* Celebrity coaches Ryan Dempster and Robbie Gould were “jawing” at each other from the benches all night. After a Kane goal, Gould threw a ‘red flag’ to challenge the score. The goal was upheld.
* The highlight of the night happened when Carcillo (playing for team World) jumped the Chicago bench, attacking Dempster. Dempster’s colorful sport coat got ripped off and the two continued the “fight” moments later on the other bench.
* After the game, Patrick Sharp said he could recognize fans in the crowd who usually inhabit the United Center for Blackhawks games.