Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 7, 2013
By Austin Ward | ESPNChicago.com
Nothing big happening in college football today, is there?
- Brady Hoke responds to critical comments about his program and left tackle Taylor Lewan.
- Off the radar as a recruit, Darqueze Dennard has turned himself into one of the most productive defensive players in the country at Michigan State.
- Minnesota may have some options it feels good about at wide receiver, but it would certainly prefer to have Derrick Engel (recovering from ankle injury) available when it takes on Penn State.
- There have been ups and downs for Nebraska linebacker Josh Banderas, but it looks like he's on the rise heading into a crucial game for the Blackshirts at Michigan.
- Ohio State's BCS future could become more clear on Thursday night, and Urban Meyer and his players will tune in to watch.
- The tattoo on the right arm of Penn State defensive lineman Anthony Zettel set the tone for a player whose toughness is easy to see on the football field.
- Not everybody appears to be a fan of Northwestern's special uniforms for next week's game with Michigan.
- Conor Boffeli remembers the feeling of nervousness all too well before his first start on the Iowa offensive line. Experience is definitely helping him sleep better.
- Illinois might like to run the football better, but it actually doesn't appear to be a priority for offensive coordinator Bill Cubit.
- The jury is still out on Purdue's new-look defense.