Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 13, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPNChicago.com
Seriously, NCAA? Just give Jared Ward an extra year ...
- Mark Dantonio is a combined 0-8 against Nebraska as a head coach and assistant, but the Spartans might finally have the talent to knock off the Cornhuskers.
- Huskers tailback Ameer Abdullah is in the running for a few major awards, and Bo Pelini said he "wouldn't trade him for anybody."
- Defense has been Indiana's downfall as it's ranked near the bottom of the nation in major categories, but the Hoosiers believe they're turning it around -- and, if that's true, then the timing couldn't be better.
- Wisconsin tailback Melvin Gordon has been bottled up the past two games, but the Badgers have been finding other ways to generate offense.
- Michigan's defense isn't pointing the finger at a struggling offense. "We're a team, totally," defensive coordinator Greg Mattison said.
- Northwestern tailback Venric Mark will seek a medical redshirt and put his NFL aspirations on hold.
- Ohio State DB Corey "Pitt" Brown is starting to make a name for himself, so that he's no longer just "that other" Corey Brown.
- Illinois held a players-only meeting on Sunday night, and players are trying to maintain a positive attitude.
- Stopping the run remains a big issue for Purdue, as it's allowed opponents to rush for more than 200 yards five times this season.
- Penn State is hoping to put an end to its frustration with a victory against a struggling Boilermakers team.
TOP 25 SCOREBOARD
Final/OT 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 23 Final 2 Oregon 38 Washington State 31 Final Florida 21 3 Alabama 42 Final 4 Oklahoma 45 West Virginia 33 Final 6 Texas A&M 58 SMU 6 Final Mississippi State 34 8 LSU 29 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66 Final 14 South Carolina 48 Vanderbilt 34 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41