Big Ten's lunch links
November, 14, 2013
By Austin Ward | ESPNChicago.com
Might be a good idea for Jordan Lynch to shop for flights to New York.
- Connor Cook used the time during the bye week to watch extra film on Nebraska ahead of Michigan State's huge showdown on Saturday. It's a different approach than he used during the first off date this season.
- The traditional option returns as a featured part of the Nebraska offense, much to the delight of at least one former quarterback who enjoyed plenty of success with that offensive style.
- Michigan may have plenty of problems with its toothless rushing attack, but Brady Hoke isn't planning any changes to the top of the depth chart at tailback.
- Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier loves to show off his speed, but the coaching staff has kept him from measuring it in races against his teammates.
- What will it take for Penn State to consider this season a success? The Nittany Lions address what's ahead of them in the next three games.
- The linebacker responsibilities suit Collin Link better in Purdue's "Jack" position, but he's picking up the defensive end duties quickly as well in the hybrid role.
- November was a brutal month a year ago for Iowa. This season, it has a chance to make it much more memorable and potentially improve its postseason destination after missing out on a bowl completely in 2012.
- Chris Gill could easily be in law school right now. Instead, the transfer offensive lineman is living out his dream of playing for Wisconsin.
- Indiana athletic director Fred Glass chats about the importance of beating Illinois last week, victory fireworks and flying a winning flag.
- The Northwestern offense is most effective when it is balanced, and finding a way to blend the run and the pass will be critical if it's going to knock off Michigan to break through in the Big Ten.
TOP 25 SCOREBOARD
Final/OT 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 23 Final 2 Oregon 38 Washington State 31 Final Florida 21 3 Alabama 42 Final 4 Oklahoma 45 West Virginia 33 Final 6 Texas A&M 58 SMU 6 Final Mississippi State 34 8 LSU 29 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66 Final 14 South Carolina 48 Vanderbilt 34 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41