Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 20, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPNChicago.com
Paul Bunyan's Axe is super cool, but I wonder if the teams were more motivated when Wisconsin and Minnesota played for the Slab of Bacon. Mmm ... bacon.
- Longtime NFL insider Gil Brandt isn't very impressed with the Big Ten and says Baylor would thump Ohio State.
- Jerry Kill and Gary Andersen took similar small-time roads to get to a big-time college coaching job. Minnesota could be very thin at receiver against Wisconsin.
- Michigan State's defense can't have an off day like it did against Nebraska if it hopes to beat Ohio State.
- The Nebraska turnover plague has reared its ugly head again.
- Darrell Hazell is trying to focus on long-term success at Purdue as the losses pile up in his first year.
- A winning season would be a nice accomplishment for Penn State -- and proof that the NCAA sanctions didn't wreck the program.
- Iowa is going with whatever works at running back.
- The Purdue game is a must-win for Tim Beckman, Loren Tate writes.
- Michigan freshman running back Derrick Green is starting to show the potential that made him a superstar recruit.
- Teddy Greenstein breaks down the top candidates for the Chicago Tribune's Silver Football award.
TOP 25 SCOREBOARD
4:26 1st Qtr 5 Ohio State 3 Navy 0 3:45 1st Qtr 7 UCLA 0 Virginia 0 8:00 PM ET 1 Florida State Oklahoma State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia 2 Alabama 10:30 PM ET South Dakota 3 Oregon 7:00 PM ET Louisiana Tech 4 Oklahoma 4:00 PM ET Arkansas 6 Auburn 4:00 PM ET UC Davis 11 Stanford 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU 7:30 PM ET Fresno State 15 USC 3:30 PM ET Rice 17 Notre Dame 7:10 PM ET Stephen F. Austin 20 Kansas State 3:30 PM ET Florida Atlantic 22 Nebraska 6:00 PM ET Liberty 23 North Carolina 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State 24 Missouri 10:30 PM ET 25 Washington Hawaii
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Weber State 14 19 Arizona State 45