Big Ten's lunch links
Links time ...
- Michigan's defense definitely had the edge in the spring game. The young excuse is getting old for the Wolverines.
- Indiana WR Isaac Griffith speaks publicly for the first time since his swimming accident. Hoosiers wideout Cody Latimer could be a first-round pick.
- A good primer on the Northwestern union vote.
- New Nebraska QB recruit Kevin Dillman boasts tremendous potential.
- Like defense? Wisconsin's dominated Saturday's scrimmage. Minnesota's defense also shined, although there were a few offensive bright spots. Purdue's defense controlled the tempo in its scrimmage.
- Penn State coach James Franklin lists his spring standouts.
- Illinois QB Wes Lunt performed well in Friday's scrimmage. So did freshman WR Mike Dudek, a standout through the spring.
- What we learned from Rutgers' sixth spring practice. Yet another misstep for Rutgers AD Julie Hermann.
- Ohio State's freshmen stepped up on student appreciation day.
- Michigan State LB Darien Harris has waited for this moment.
- Iowa shouldn't worry about a lack of a featured back.
- Projecting Michigan's post-spring depth chart.
Northwestern Wildcats, Illinois Fighting Illini, Michigan Wolverines, Wisconsin Badgers, Michigan State Spartans, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Indiana Hoosiers, Iowa Hawkeyes, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Purdue Boilermakers, Big Ten Conference, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, Cody Latimer, James Franklin, Wes Lunt, Mike Dudek, Darien Harris, Isaac Griffith, Kevin Dillman
ABOUT THIS BLOG
Powers is an award-winning journalist and has been reporting on preps, colleges and pros for publications throughout the Midwest since 1997. He joined ESPNChicago in May 2009 and lives in Chicago.
Rittenberg joined ESPN.com in 2008 after four years at the Daily Herald, where he covered sports at Notre Dame, Northwestern, DePaul and several other colleges. He lives in Chicago and writes for the Big Ten blog.
Bennett joined ESPN.com in August 2008 after nine years at The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Ky., where he covered college sports and the University of Louisville beat. He lives in Louisville and writes for the Big Ten blog.
Fortuna joined ESPN.com in 2011 after working for MLB.com and the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, where he covered college sports. He grew up in New York and is a Penn State graduate. Fortuna's Notre Dame blog is here.
2014 TOP ILLINOIS FOOTBALL RECRUITS
|1. Clifton Garrett||85||ILB||LSU|
|2. Nyles Morgan||84||ILB||Notre Dame|
|3. Jamarco Jones||84||OT||Ohio State|
|4. Parrker Westphal||83||CB||Northwestern|
|5. Kyron Watson||83||OLB||Kansas|
|6. Clayton Thorson||83||QB-PP||Northwestern|
|7. Dewayne Hendrix||83||DE||Tennessee|
|8. Ian Bunting||82||TE-H||Michigan|
|9. Brian Allen||82||OC||Michigan St.|
|10. Nic Weishar||82||TE-Y||Notre Dame|
|View the complete list »|
SUBSCRIBE:Subscribe to this blog's RSS
- Chris Collins retweeted
- Tim Beckman retweeted