Big Ten's lunch links
May, 1, 2014
By Austin Ward | ESPNChicago.com
Howdy, May. There goes one more month out of the way before football season starts for real.
- Michigan has an established weapon in Devin Funchess and a future star in Freddy Canteen, but questions still remain about the targets for the passing game.
- The relationship began with a somewhat unusual request, and after 10 years together, Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio reflects on his time with Pat Narduzzi.
- David Jones writes that hiring James Franklin was a risk, and the developments this week suggest there's at least a chance more things could pop up with the Penn State coach.
- Nick Saban went out of his way to praise the Big Ten and made sure he was quoted doing so during a stop in Ohio.
- Get to know one of Ohio State's most valuable weapons on the recruiting trail -- a graphic designer.
- Part of the apparent down cycle for the Big Ten can be traced to the ups and downs of the 2010 recruiting classes across the league. Sam McKewon takes a detailed look at the hits and misses.
- A former Rutgers wide receiver is trying to make an impact elsewhere in the league, and Miles Shuler appears to be on track to give Northwestern a boost on offense.
- Wisconsin would have preferred to keep its director of football operations, but now it will have to move quickly to fill a very important job to Gary Andersen.
- The 2013 signing class is already starting to fill out the depth chart at Iowa.
- Former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel is scheduled for a public forum at Akron in his bid for the school's presidency.