Big Ten's lunch links
- A new home in the Ohio State football strength program helps a former ex-Buckeye wrestler overcome a devastating loss. Athlon Sports places the Buckeyes at No. 3 in its preseason rankings.
- Former Penn State linebacker Shane Conlan and ex-Purdue defensive tackle Dave Butz are elected to the College Football Hall of Fame. No luck this year for a trio of former Michigan hopefuls, a pair from Illinois, Eric Crouch or Trev Alberts of Nebraska and Jim Tressel.
- Penn State will practice on Sundays next fall.
- Jay Paterno criticizes today’s media culture in a speech at a Pennsylvania high school.
- Oregon QB Jake Rodrigues is looking at Michigan, among other potential landing spots.
- Incoming freshman running back Rob Martin of Rutgers has a fan in Lesean McCoy.
- Purdue president Mitch Daniels supports the Pac-12 ideas on NCAA reform.
- A top prospect in Michigan is training this offseason with ex-Purdue safety Stu Schweigert.
- A look at key offensive targets for MSU.
- Jerry Kill says the Gophers won’t beg recruits to attend Minnesota.
Northwestern Wildcats, Illinois Fighting Illini, Michigan Wolverines, Wisconsin Badgers, Michigan State Spartans, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Indiana Hoosiers, Iowa Hawkeyes, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Purdue Boilermakers, Big Ten Conference, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, Maryland Terrapins, Minnesota Gophers, Jerry Kill, Jim Tressel, Mitch Daniels, Big Ten Conference, Jake Rodrigues, Jay Paterno, Rob Martin
ABOUT THIS BLOG
Powers is an award-winning journalist and has been reporting on preps, colleges and pros for publications throughout the Midwest since 1997. He joined ESPNChicago in May 2009 and lives in Chicago.
Rittenberg joined ESPN.com in 2008 after four years at the Daily Herald, where he covered sports at Notre Dame, Northwestern, DePaul and several other colleges. He lives in Chicago and writes for the Big Ten blog.
Bennett joined ESPN.com in August 2008 after nine years at The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Ky., where he covered college sports and the University of Louisville beat. He lives in Louisville and writes for the Big Ten blog.
Fortuna joined ESPN.com in 2011 after working for MLB.com and the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, where he covered college sports. He grew up in New York and is a Penn State graduate. Fortuna's Notre Dame blog is here.
2014 TOP ILLINOIS FOOTBALL RECRUITS
|1. Clifton Garrett||85||ILB||LSU|
|2. Nyles Morgan||84||ILB||Notre Dame|
|3. Jamarco Jones||84||OT||Ohio State|
|4. Parrker Westphal||83||CB||Northwestern|
|5. Kyron Watson||83||OLB||Kansas|
|6. Clayton Thorson||83||QB-PP||Northwestern|
|7. Dewayne Hendrix||83||DE||Tennessee|
|8. Ian Bunting||82||TE-H||Michigan|
|9. Brian Allen||82||OC||Michigan St.|
|10. Nic Weishar||82||TE-Y||Notre Dame|
|View the complete list »|
SUBSCRIBE:Subscribe to this blog's RSS
- Chris Collins retweeted
- Brian Kelly retweeted
- Pat Fitzgerald retweeted
- Tim Beckman retweeted