Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 8, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPNChicago.com
The Bro Code has been around for centuries. Nay, whatever's more than centuries.
- Minnesota AD Norwood Teague tells John Feinstein that he wants Jerry Kill to coach there for a very long time. Former Gophers players weigh in on Kill's situation. Kill's coordinators remain very much in his corner.
- RB Melvin Gordon is eager to return for Wisconsin this week. TE Jacob Pedersen also looks forward to returning to the field. Coach Gary Andersen reaches out to former Badgers players.
- Penn State needs some takeaways in the worst way. Despite two early losses, the Lions say they have plenty to play for. Penn State could bring back "Sweet Caroline" for Saturday's game after doing so against Kent State.
- Nebraska coach Bo Pelini has some interesting thoughts on hurry-up offenses. Young Huskers LBs Michael Rose and Jared Afalava are movin' on up.
- If LB Jake Ryan returns, Michigan will have added flexibility with Brennen Beyer. Will the Wolverines let Devin Funchess run wild again? Michigan gets ready for the noise in Happy Valley.
- Despite some shaky moments, Braxton Miller came through for Ohio State. That was an expensive touchdown the Buckeyes scored late Saturday night.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald talks about his decision to challenge the spot on Saturday. Another physical test awaits the Wildcats in Madison.
- Despite some bright spots on offense, Michigan State still must be better in the red zone. Some good Spartans questions and answers.
- Indiana coach Kevin Wilson might have an offensive background, but he's spending more time with the Hoosiers' defense (subscription required). Pete DiPrimio wonders if IU can finally build on its success. Indiana's quarterbacks aim for Wilson's goal of 70 percent completions.
- Tom Dienhart's latest Big Ten bowl projections. Indiana's up-tempo offense will be tested Saturday in East Lansing.
- Illinois' latest commit for the 2014 class has a familiar name.
- Some quick thoughts on Iowa's loss. The Hawkeyes lost to a Michigan school but added a recruit from Detroit. The open week gives Iowa a chance to heal up.
- Purdue's Rob Henry shows he's a team-first guy by moving to safety. The Boilers' newest commit could play on either side of the ball.
- Dennis Dodd likes the look of the College Football Playoff selection committee.
TOP 25 SCOREBOARD
6:00 PM ET 21 Texas A&M 9 South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State 18 Ole Miss 10:30 PM ET Weber State 19 Arizona State
8:00 PM ET 1 Florida State Oklahoma State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia 2 Alabama 10:30 PM ET South Dakota 3 Oregon 7:00 PM ET Louisiana Tech 4 Oklahoma 12:00 PM ET 5 Ohio State Navy 4:00 PM ET Arkansas 6 Auburn 12:00 PM ET 7 UCLA Virginia 4:00 PM ET UC Davis 11 Stanford 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU 7:30 PM ET Fresno State 15 USC 3:30 PM ET Rice 17 Notre Dame 7:10 PM ET Stephen F. Austin 20 Kansas State 3:30 PM ET Florida Atlantic 22 Nebraska 6:00 PM ET Liberty 23 North Carolina 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State 24 Missouri 10:30 PM ET 25 Washington Hawaii