MINNEAPOLIS -- After a promising hitting session Wednesday, manager Ozzie Guillen said he expects Carlos Quentin to come off the disabled list during the next series against the Cleveland Indians.
"I think he's ready to go," Guillen said. "With minor leagues over, we're trying to figure [out a rehab assignment]."
Quentin has been out since Aug. 21 after he sprained the AC joint in his left shoulder while making a rolling catch in the outfield. For the oft-injured Quentin, it was his first time he had been hurt all season.
Named an American League All-Star for the second time in his career, Quentin was batting .255 with 24 home runs and 77 RBI at the time of his injury. He had a .501 slugging percentage and a .341 on-base percentage.
"I like the way he swung and it seems like he's pain free," Guillen said. "Hopefully in the next couple of days [he will return]. I don't think tomorrow, but maybe over the weekend he will be back on the field."