Browns links: Weeden needs to step on gas
September, 11, 2013
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com
A look at what's happening on the Cleveland Browns beat:
- Quarterback Brandon Weeden has to speed up his game or get left behind, Tony Grossi of ESPN Radio in Cleveland reports. "In an era when Andrew Luck, Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson and RG3 are running and gunning -- and winning -- Weeden is a veritable dinosaur," Grossi wrote. "He is a drop-back passer with little mobility. Worst of all, he appears to be a very slow reader of the field. Weeden is the slow driver in the fast lane."
- While we're on the topic of speeding, lawyers representing wide receivers Greg Little and Josh Gordon pleaded no contest Tuesday to traffic charges, according to The Plain Dealer. Both players were found guilty and will pay a total of $768 in fines.
- A day later, the Browns' season opener looks worse, The Plain Dealer's Bud Shaw explains. "The only consolation in Rob Chudzinski’s debut was that it came the day before the unveiling of Chip Kelly’s offense," Shaw wrote.
- Look for more balance against the Ravens, according to the team's official website.
- The Browns signed undrafted rookie wide receiver Arceto Clark and undrafted rookie running back Dennis Johnson to their practice squad, The Akron Beacon Journal reported.