Browns links: Kruger eager to face Ravens
September, 13, 2013
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com
A look at what's happening on the Cleveland Browns beat:
- Outside linebacker Paul Kruger is motivated to face his former team after playing only 17 snaps in the Ravens' Super Bowl triumph. "I don't know if disrespected is the right word," Kruger said, via The Plain Dealer. "I'd say more frustrated, just personally, not having to do with anybody else. I'm a competitive guy and I want to be in there on every play and to have limited reps in the biggest game of your life it is tough."
- Running back Trent Richardson wants a bigger role. The Associated Press wrote the article, and the Akron Beacon Journal has a video of Richardson talking about his desire for a bigger workload.
- Does quarterback Brandon Weeden have a good-enough supporting cast to succeed? The Akron Beacon Journal discusses this topic.
- Offensive coordinator Norv Turner was upset at his team's lack of efficiency on third down. "You can’t be 1-of-14 on third down," Turner said, via the team's official website. "We’ve got to convert third downs. We’re working hard on third downs. If we convert third downs, you keep the game in more of a normal circumstance. We’re able to run the ball more and we’ll play better.”
- Injury update: Rookie linebacker Barkevious Mingo (bruised lung) and cornerback Buster Skrine (shoulder) were upgraded from limited participation to full participation. Strong safety T.J. Ward (shoulder) returned to practice Thursday after sitting out Wednesday; he and wide receiver Travis Benjamin (thigh) were limited. Starting right guard Shawn Lauvao (high ankle sprain) and starting defensive end Ahtyba Rubin (calf) did not practice.