Halftime: Duke 33, Butler 32
April, 5, 2010
By Andy Katz | ESPN.com
INDIANAPOLIS -- Quick thoughts at the half.
- Tremendous. Loved it. I was hoping we would have a first half just like that.
- What I loved was seeing players like Avery Jukes that weren’t supposed to shine, come out of nowhere to be a major factor. Who had Jukes making two 3s? Jukes led the Bulldogs with 10 points. No way did anyone have that on the early scorecard.
- Zach Hahn played sensational off the bench as he distributed, came up with a deflection and had great stage presence.
- Duke's big three had their moments as expected, with Kyle Singler scoring nine points by making big buckets at the right times. Nolan Smith, as he has all season, bailed out a few possessions, and Jon Scheyer scored in the mid-range.
- The Bulldogs were down one at the half and Gordon Hayward scored only four points and was 2-of-7. He did have seven rebounds, though.
- No one had Butler getting 12 offensive rebounds with Duke having only three and outrebounding Duke 24-17.
- The crowd has been sensational so far. Just hope they can stay in the game and we get a final-possession-type affair.
- Butler has to believe now it can win.