- Andy Katz, ESPN.com Senior Writer
- 0 Shares
1. The NCAA tournament selection committee will meet again next week and if there are five key points that the committee will look at when evaluating teams, they are: losses vs. RPI 151 and below; non-conference strength of schedule; road record; RPI and wins versus the top 50 and top 100. And that’s why Middle Tennessee State's road game at Vanderbilt on Saturday could be a huge pop for the Blue Raiders if they can pull the upset.
2. It will be interesting to see at the end of the season which Zeller finishes up stronger. Indiana's Cody Zeller was a top-25 finalist for the Wooden Award. North Carolina's Tyler Zeller was not. Cody Zeller scored 7 points and had 3 rebounds in a loss at Wisconsin Thursday. Tyler Zeller scored 21 points and had 17 boards in a victory over NC State. Both Zellers have to play well for their respective teams to reach their respective goals – an NCAA appearance for IU, an NCAA title for UNC.
3. The NCAA continues to investigate UConn’s Ryan Boatright about possible extra benefits prior to college. The NCAA claims it has a duty to investigate once it receives credible information. This isn’t about players but about facts that come to its attention. But the NCAA has its ears open as to how top high school players get to unofficial visits.
1. The NCAA tournament selection committee will meet again next week and if there are five key points that the committee will look at when evaluating teams, they are: losses vs.