Halftime: TCU 40, BYU 39
March, 11, 2010
By Diamond Leung | ESPN.com
LAS VEGAS -- Here's some halftime items from the quarterfinal game between BYU and TCU.
- "Jimmer!" one BYU fan cried. "They're tied with us!" It was a plea of sorts. As in, "Really, guys? TCU?" Yep, the Horned Frogs have the one-point advantage after Ronnie Moss hit a floater before going in the locker room. TCU was up during the first half as well on Saturday against BYU, but of course, the Cougars went on to win by 30.
- Jimmer Fredette is starting to look a lot more like himself again after recently battling a stomach virus. He has 15 points on 6-of-11 shooting, and more importantly has played 18 minutes. That's right around what he's averaged for entire games over the previous three games.
- Moss has 15 points as well and is 6 of 8 from the field, and TCU got seven points apiece from Edvinas Ruzgas and Nikola Cerina.
- BYU needs to pick it up on defense, as the Horned Frogs shot 50 percent from the field. TCU is getting open looks, hitting 5 of 7 from three-point range.
- It looks to be a good crowd out here for the night session. A lot of UNLV fans are in the house to see their team play Utah after this one, and BYU also travels well.