- Andy Katz, ESPN.com Senior Writer
- 0 Shares
1. Colorado State’s win over New Mexico may get the Mountain West Conference four bids in March. The Rams have already knocked off San Diego State. The Rams do have a victory over Colorado as their signature nonconference win. Playing Stanford, Southern Miss and Duke may help the power rating, but not the win total résumé. The Rams are a decent watch, make free throws and don’t play mistake-prone basketball. But if they make the field, it would speak volumes to the strength of the MWC, considering the Rams had already lost at Wyoming, TCU and Boise State.
2. Florida suffered a tough blow Tuesday when forward Will Yeguete was diagnosed with a broken left foot and is out indefinitely. The season is nearly over, so speculating that he’s done isn’t a reach. Replacing Yeguete’s rebounding and defense won’t be easy. Yeguete can guard all five positions.
3. Missouri Southern coach Robert Corn is reaching out to Alabama for an exhibition game in Tuscaloosa in an attempt to link two tornado-ravaged communities. Joplin and Tuscaloosa were devastated by separate tornadoes in 2011. Corn said he’s hoping that the game would draw attention to the rebuild in Alabama like the Missouri Southern-Missouri and Missouri-Southern-Missouri State games did for Joplin in November.
1. Colorado State’s win over New Mexico may get the Mountain West Conference four bids in March. The Rams have already knocked off San Diego State.