SEC lunchtime links
- Nick Saban has won three of the past four national championships with Alabama, but this season could be his best coaching job since he arrived in Tuscaloosa.
- Injuries to Henry Josey and Russell Hansbrough might thrust Missouri running back Marcus Murphy into a bigger role this week against Tennessee.
- If Arkansas wants to upset Auburn on Saturday, it knows it has to keep up with the Tigers’ offense and score points.
- Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall is ‘day-to-day’ with a shoulder injury, but the coaching staff is teaching him how to protect himself and avoid plays like the one that got him hurt last Saturday.
- Mike Evans has been one of the top wide receivers in college football this season, and Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin is puzzled why he’s not in the Heisman conversation.
- After playing nine weeks in a row, LSU finally gets a break this week but not without looking ahead and preparing for Alabama.
- Just like Connor Shaw, South Carolina’s Kelcy Quarles played through injury Saturday at Missouri. After another strong performance, he’s proving to be the Gamecocks’ best defensive lineman.
- Freshman running back Kelvin Taylor is expected to start for Florida on Saturday in Jacksonville, the same city his father made a legacy in the NFL.
- Aaron Murray could have left early for the NFL after last season, and though it’s been difficult in 2013, the Georgia quarterback has no regrets about coming back.
- Mississippi State hung on to beat Kentucky last week, but head coach Dan Mullen still criticized his play- calling late in the game.
Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, LSU Tigers, Auburn Tigers, Arkansas Razorbacks, South Carolina Gamecocks, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, Nick Saban, Aaron Murray, Connor Shaw, Henry Josey, Kelvin Taylor, Kelcy Quarles, Kevin Sumlin, Dan Mullen, Marcus Murphy, Mike Evans, Nick Marshall, Russell Hansbrough
Saban: Peyton's Visit: 'Mutually Beneficial'
TIDENATION RECRUITING NEWS
ALABAMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Rawlings Alabama Crimson Tide Hail Mary Youth-Size Football
2013 SEC STANDINGS
TBD Temple Vanderbilt TBD Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss
TBD Arkansas Auburn TBD Idaho Florida TBD Clemson Georgia TBD Tennessee-Martin Kentucky TBD South Dakota State Missouri TBD Southern Miss Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 9:00 PM ET LSU Wisconsin