SEC lunchtime links
September, 16, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
What a wild weekend of football it was. But now, we turn the page to Week 4 of the college football season and look forward to a new slate of games in the SEC.
- His ejection was overturned, but there were still 15 yards marched off and a first down rewarded to Texas A&M as a result of the play. Still, Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix says there are no hard feelings about the targeting penalty.
- LSU will be Auburn's biggest test, and the Tigers defense is preparing to "scuff" its helmets for what will be a difficult game inside the box when it travels to Baton Rouge, La., to face the Bayou Bengals on Saturday.
- Arkansas lost starting quarterback Brandon Allen early in the game against Southern Miss this past weekend, but strong defense and a good running game were enough to make up for his absence.
- New LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron has had his offense show good balance in the first three weeks of the season.
- Johnny Manziel was right to say, "Our season isn't over." And he was even more correct when he added that, "Anything can happen. This is college football." Texas A&M is still in good position after losing to Alabama.
- Tennessee lost to a bear of an Oregon team, going all the way to the Northwest to get thumped 59-14 by the Ducks. But now the Vols have to pick up the pieces and turn the page in a hurry with a trip to Florida up next.
- We're officially three games into the Mark Stoops era at Kentucky. So what have we learned about the Wildcats thus far?
- Georgia has some fine-tuning to do. With North Texas next, Mark Richt is guarding against complacency.
- It was a familiar, painful ending for Mississippi State when it lost to Auburn in the final seconds on Saturday.
- Hugh Freeze is still in the process of tempering expectations after a strong first season at Ole Miss and a good start to Year 2. But through three games, there's been noticeable progress for the Rebels.
- Is Missouri coach Gary Pinkel on the hot seat? Bryan Burwell writes that if he is, he shouldn't be.
- Looking for a bright spot from Vanderbilt's 1-2 start? Look no further than the Commodores' special teams, which rank among the SEC's best.
Andy Katz's 3-Point Shot
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35