ACC's lunch links
March, 24, 2014
By David M. Hale | ESPN.com
My NCAA picks were dreadful, but I think I'm still doing well in my Seinfeld bracket challenge. Go Soup Nazi!
- Jameis Winston did a little smack talking on Twitter about Clemson football before delivering the final blows to the Tigers on the baseball mound this weekend, writes Tomahawk Nation.
- With Winston off playing baseball, Sean Maguire got the first-team reps at quarterback for the Seminoles over the weekend, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- Defense could be the key for Clemson this fall with seven starters returning.
- Virginia quarterback David Watford spent his spring break working out with QB guru George Whitfield, writes the Daily Progress.
- Pre-spring drills are designed to be a shock to the system for Virginia Tech’s players, writes the Roanoke Times.
- Miami QB Kevin Olsen is off to a strong start this spring, writes the Sun-Sentinel.
- The Hurricanes’ defense is making strides this spring after ending last season on a sour note, writes the Miami Herald.
- Pitt’s Manasseh Garner is the favorite to win the starting wide receiver job, but coach Paul Chryst said he’ll see action all over the field, writes the Post-Gazette.
- From the Rumble Seat talks with Georgia Tech signee C.J. Leggett.
- Sports Illustrated talks with new Louisville defensive coordinator Todd Grantham about how he’s assembling the Cardinals’ defense.
NOLENATION RECRUITING NEWS
FSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Coley Harvey retweeted
- FSU Football retweeted
2014 ACC STANDINGS
Final Georgia Tech 27 Virginia Tech 24 Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Tulane 13 Duke 47 Final Maine 10 Boston College 40 Final Louisville 34 Florida International 3 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Army 21 Wake Forest 24 Final North Carolina 41 East Carolina 70 Final Presbyterian 0 North Carolina State 42 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41 Final/OT 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 23