Florida State Seminoles: Hugh Freeze
December, 12, 2013
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
- Boston College has made an effort to push Andre Williams nationally, ESPNBoston.com's Jack McCluskey writes.
- Count AthlonSports among the group that is looking forward to Clemson-Ohio State more than any other non-title-game bowl.
- It sure sounds like Duke will be Johnny Manziel's last college opponent. (Clemson's Sammy Watkins sounds like a man gone in that same story by NFL.com's Mike Huguenin as well.)
- Florida State leads the nation with five USA Today All-America picks. (And the ACC leads all conferences with 13.)
- Georgia Tech's opponent in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Ole Miss, is upping the ante after giving coach Hugh Freeze a $1 million raise, Hugh Kellenberger writes in the (Jackson) Clarion-Ledger.
- The freedom of bowl week could be a distraction for Maryland players, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post. (Also of note: New Albany head coach Greg Gattuso will still coach the Terrapins' defensive line in the Military Bowl.)
- CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman catches up with former Miami and North Carolina coach Butch Davis, who is still waiting for another shot.
- Another day, another award for Pitt's Aaron Donald, Sam Werner writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- The (Syracuse) Post-Standard's Nate Mink looks at Orange underclassmen who could be playing their final college game this month.
- Is this an early look at Virginia Tech's bowl uniform?
11. Not bad.
- Boston College is excited for its shot at Arizona in the AdvoCare V100 Bowl, Jack McCluskey writes on ESPNBoston.com.
- Clemson and Ohio State are looking for redemption in the Orange Bowl, Aaron Brenner writes in the (Charleston) Post & Courier.
- Texas A&M's defense might be a welcome sight for Duke after facing Florida State, Laura Keeley writes in the (Raleigh) News & Observer.
- The Los Angeles Times' Chris Dufresne says a Florida State-Auburn title game shows that the system works.
- Hugh Freeze is emphasizing the "totality of the journey" as Ole Miss readies for Georgia Tech in the Music City Bowl, Hugh Kellenberger writes in the (Jackson) Clarion-Ledger.
- Maryland's meeting with Marshall in the Military Bowl features an intriguing subplot between Randy Edsall and Doc Holliday, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post.
- Miami's meeting with Louisville in the Russell Athletic Bowl features plenty of connections between the schools, and means they will face each other in consecutive seasons, Christy Cabrera Chirinos writes in the (South Florida) Sun-Sentinel.
- Bowling Green quarterback Matt Johnson gets his wish in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl as he will face Pitt, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Syracuse's season continues against Minnesota in the Texas Bowl after a week of waiting, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- Virginia Tech returns to the spot where its bowl history began, Mark Giannotto writes in the Washington Post.
- North Carolina's play down the stretch, plus its proximity to Charlotte, N.C., made it an ideal pick for the Belk Bowl against Cincinnati, Joe Giglio writes in the (Raleigh) News & Observer.
Playoff Top Four: Week 6
12:30 PM ET Virginia Tech North Carolina 3:30 PM ET North Carolina State Clemson 3:30 PM ET Wake Forest 1 Florida State 7:30 PM ET Miami (FL) Georgia Tech 7:30 PM ET Pittsburgh Virginia