We're just a day away until the first game of the college football season and a few days until the season begins en masse. Here's a look at some of the stories from around the SEC to keep you informed:
- Ole Miss will likely have several true freshmen taking the field, including consensus No. 1 recruit Robert Nkemdiche and receiver Laquon Treadwell, when the Rebels open the season against Vanderbilt on Thursday.
- Much has been made about LSU's offense and its ability to throw the ball under new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, but when the Tigers face TCU and its 4-2-5 defense, the running game will be key to their success.
- Gus Malzahn is a believer in the up-tempo, no-huddle offense, but the Auburn coach admitted that he's willing to take his foot off the gas if it will help his defense on Saturday against Washington State.
- They sometimes "sound like a couple of school girls," according to Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema, but Razorbacks defensive coordinator Chris Ash and defensive line coach Charlie Partridge have known each other for roughly 20 years and they will be key parts to Arkansas' defensive success.
- South Carolina defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward doesn't see Jadeveon Clowney breaking any sack records because of the way spread offenses combat elite defensive ends with quick passes.
- Say hello to "crazy" and "jelly," a.k.a. Alabama safeties Vinnie Sunseri and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.
- Every writer on this seven-man panel picks Alabama to get back to the BCS championship game, four pick the Tide to win it.
- Mississippi State's first opponent, Oklahoma State, will play two quarterbacks when the teams meet in Houston.
- After an offseason that included arrests and dismissals, Vanderbilt can finally focus on football.
- Getting ready for Western Kentucky is a bit of a guessing game for Kentucky.
Mettenberger's Rehab Ahead Of Schedule
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35