Injuries, toughness, targeting, blame and quarterback questions... it's all here in today's edition of the lunchtime links:
- With Vinnie Sunseri out for the season with a knee injury, Alabama turns to Landon Collins to take his place at strong safety.
- Now that his first career start is in the rearview mirror, Mizzou freshman quarterback Maty Mauk prepares for round two against South Carolina.
- A heel injury didn't stop Auburn running back Tre Mason from shining against Texas A&M on Saturday, and he's beginning to show his toughness and durability.
- LSU coach Les Miles took the blame in the immediate aftermath of the Tigers' 27-24 loss to Ole Miss, and after reviewing the film he maintained that he needs to do better and "get their attention."
- There's no point in Texas A&M playing the "what if" game when looking back on its loss to Auburn. Instead, the Aggies must move on.
- South Carolina's offense struggled in its loss to Tennessee, and head coach Steve Spurrier said maybe the Gamecocks "thought we were too good."
- After a 52-0 loss to Alabama and an off week coming up, Arkansas coach Bret Bielema and the Razorbacks are searching for answers -- and their first SEC win.
- On the heels of having two players impacted by the new rule, Georgia coach Mark Richt offered some thoughts on targeting and how officials are handling it.
- As Tennessee has progressed, so has quarterback Justin Worley -- and it shows.
- Even though Jalen Whitlow's ankle injury isn't as serious as it might have originally appeared, Maxwell Smith gets the nod as Kentucky's starting quarterback when the Wildcats meet Mississippi State.
- Speaking of starting quarterbacks, Vanderbilt coach James Franklin isn't ready to name one yet for Saturday's game against Texas A&M, with Austin Carta-Samuels dealing with an injury. The Commodores' depth chart lists Carta-Samuels "or" Patton Robinette.
- Ole Miss had to face four ranked teams in its first seven games, but now the hardest part of the Rebels' schedule is behind them.
- Mississippi State's linebackers are working to be the SEC's best.
- Here's a look at why Florida's offense has struggled so much this season.
Mettenberger's Rehab Ahead Of Schedule
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35