- Gary Laney, Reporter, GeauxTigerNation
BATON ROUGE, La. -- Our weekly look at LSU's 10 best performers of the season up to this point:
1. LB Kevin Minter: He had another solid day, this time against Ole Miss. Minter recorded 11 tackles, including two for loss. He has 101 tackles on the season and a team-high 13.5 for loss.
2. QB Zach Mettenberger: Add to his now quickly growing resume a late-game drive for a last-minute, winning touchdown in LSU's 41-35 win over Ole Miss. He has 2,272 passing yards and, with a decent game, will pass 2,500 yards for the season at Arkansas.
3. DE Sam Montgomery: Got his team-best seventh quarterback sack against the Rebels and is second on the team with 12 tackles for loss.
4. S Eric Reid: Reid continues to punish ball carriers. He had 10 tackles against Ole Miss, giving him 76 on the season, third on the team.
5. LT Josh Dworaczyk: Say all you want about the improvement of Mettenberger and the receivers, but the improvement in LSU's offense started when Dworaczyk came back from knee injury to anchor the offensive line.
6. RB Jeremy Hill: A three-touchdown game against Ole Miss makes Hill the LSU rushing leader in every way. He has more carries (112), yards (554) and touchdowns (9) than any other Tigers back.
7. WR Jarvis Landry: Even after a fairly quiet game against Ole Miss, Landry is still widening his lead among LSU pass catchers (44).
8. DT Bennie Logan: Anchors the middle of the LSU defense line and coming off a season-high seven tackles, he has had more noticeable production.
9. LB Lamin Barrow: It's time to recognize his consistency. After 10 stops against Ole Miss, he has 80 for the season and has recovered two fumbles. A solid complement to Minter.
10. WR Odell Beckham, Jr.: He knocks Brad Wing out of this spot through no fault of Wing's. Beckham's 89-yard punt return for a touchdown, his second of the season, decisively changed the momentum against Ole Miss. He's also the Tigers' leader in receiving yards (561) and yards per catch (15.6). In short, he's the big-play threat.