Big Ten lunchtime links
- Ohio State DB Najee Murray has left the Buckeyes and is free to transfer. Buckeyes strength coach Mickey Marotti preaches more than just strength through weights. Rusty Miller broke down Ohio State football by the numbers, including the difference between the heaviest and the lightest Buckeyes. Alabama’s Nick Saban and Ohio State’s Urban Meyer have set the standard for college coaches, writes Paul Myerberg.
- Michigan alum Tom Brady stopped by to give the Wolverines a pep talk on Thursday. Brady also made sure to snap a photo with current QB Devin Gardner. Brady Hoke is going to shake things up on offense this season, writes Greg Couch. True freshman QB Shane Morris has won the backup job behind Devin Gardner.
- On Monday, Dantonio will announce the Spartans’ starting QB. MSU has a secret weapon in football recruiting -- its basketball coach, Tom Izzo. Dantonio and the Spartans are at a crossroads in 2013, writes Pat Caputo.
- Nebraska’s stadium addition will push total capacity past 90,000. A season preview from the Chicago Tribune. Before there was Johnny Football there was T-Magic, writes Matt Hinton.
- Northwestern will wear white helmets for its season opener against Cal. A quick look at the Wildcats’ special teams this season.
- Bill O’Brien singles out five Penn State freshmen who could contribute this year. But there's still no QB starter for the Nittany Lions.
- Darrell Hazel has Purdue players going through a 533-page players manual this preseason. Five keys to the season as Hazell attempts to turn the program around.
- IU hopes to end the three-man QB race this weekend.
- Illinois Junior Clayton Fejedelem is quite the acrobat. Memorial Stadium adds bigger video boards for 2013. The questions for the Illinois football team are abundant, writes Loren Tate.
- The Maryland natives on Iowa’s team look forward to a chance to play in their home state at some point. Jim Delany visits Iowa City, talks Ferentz, expansion and more.
- Seven bold predictions for this year’s Gophers team. Minnesota’s webseries “Brick by Brick” is up on YouTube now.
- Episode four of the Badgers' preseason series “The Camp” is now available on YouTube. Wisconsin reveals a new red helmet. Get to know the Badgers' new starters for 2013.
- An open letter from a former Michigan player to Urban Meyer (but, applicable to any coach) about the circle drill and head injuries.
- Forbes.com ranked the top average ticket prices for home games for college programs across the country and Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa and Penn State all made the top 25.
- Some different Big Ten previews: from The Indianapolis Star and the Las Vegas Sun’s Vegas-style preview.
Michigan Wolverines, Big Ten Conference, Illinois Fighting Illini, Indiana Hoosiers, Iowa Hawkeyes, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Northwestern Wildcats, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Purdue Boilermakers, Wisconsin Badgers, Michigan State Spartans, Big Ten, Football, College Football, Colleges