Big Ten lunchtime links
- Purdue linebacker Will Lucas has fought his way back into the starting lineup with a little help from the chip on his shoulder. Undersized running back Dalyn Dawkins packs a punch and plays much bigger than he looks.
- Indiana is expecting some tweaks in the offensive approach from Navy this week, and defensive coordinator Doug Mallory doesn't even have a spring game to watch to help figure them out. Evan Hoopfer has done the math and figured out Indiana should be better this fall.
- Patience has paid off for Minnesota running back David Cobb, who has learned the value of hard work. Gophers receiver Jamel Harbison will miss his second consecutive game with a disciplinary issue.
- The quarterback-center battery is still figuring out how to work together at Wisconsin. Inside linebacker Derek Landisch is not expected to play Saturday against Tennessee Tech after injuring an ankle in the opener.
- Different seating options moving forward will give fans more choices at Iowa's Kinnick Stadium. Offensive coordinator Greg Davis is still trying to push the tempo with the Hawkeyes.
- Penn State could be facing an attendance problem, and drawing fans to Beaver Stadium remains critical for the program. Ben Jones writes that coach Bill O'Brien is not yet a finished product.
- With Illinois looking for an offensive spark, coordinator Bill Cubit put his foot on the pedal in the opening win last weekend. Even after the victory, there didn't appear to be much celebrating around the Illini.
- A painful past has helped drive linebacker Collin Ellis, the star of the Northwestern's season-opening win. Quarterback Kain Colter practiced with the team and appears ready to play against Syracuse.
- Tireless running back Imani Cross amazes coaches and teammates with his work ethic at Nebraska. Secondary coach Terry Joseph has identified one problem on defense and is emphasizing communication with the safeties.
- With the Notre Dame series going away, Drew Sharp writes that Michigan had better replace it with another respected program on the schedule. The Wolverines relive the epic showdown with the Irish in 2011 under the lights. Devin Gardner must avoid turnovers.
- Michigan State is considering every option available to give its offense a boost. One place to start mixing it up is at quarterback, and a change could be coming.
- After struggling with some protection issues to start the season, Ohio State must keep Braxton Miller safe in the pocket this week. The Buckeyes are facing another unusual defensive alignment this week, but it looks pretty similar to the one they took on in the opener.
Michigan Wolverines, Illinois Fighting Illini, Indiana Hoosiers, Iowa Hawkeyes, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Northwestern Wildcats, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Purdue Boilermakers, Wisconsin Badgers, Michigan State Spartans, Big Ten, Braxton Miller, Devin Gardner, Kain Colter, Bill O'Brien, Greg Davis, Imani Cross, Bill Cubit, Collin Ellis, Derek Landisch, David Cobb, Dalyn Dawkins, Doug Mallory, Jamel Harbison, Terry Joseph, Will Lucas