Big Ten lunch links
February, 25, 2014
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
Where did all those Girl Scout cookies go?
- Michigan State cornerback Darqueze Dennard ran a 4.42 (unofficially) in the 40 at the NFL combine this morning. Meanwhile, former defensive lineman Tyler Hoover continues to blog about his training for MSU Pro Day.
- Tom Fornelli breaks down the buzz of Illinois football -- what Illini fans are talking about and what they're saying.
- All five Hawkeyes have finished up their workouts at the combine and it's a mixed bag of results.
- On Ohio State's secondary NCAA violations this past year and an eight-second phone call between a 2014 commit and Tim Tebow. Yesterday, former OSU wide receiver Ray Small pleaded guilty to three counts of drug trafficking.
- Penn State coach James Franklin is making good on his promise to own the state in recruiting -- he picked up two in-state commitments yesterday. Former PSU offensive lineman John Urschel's NFL combine diary.
- Five storylines to watch in Ann Arbor as the Wolverines start spring football.
- Six Cornhuskers who have the most to gain this spring.
- Minnesota coach Jerry Kill is appreciative of the contract extension and raise.
- Maryland is in the top five for a Virginia safety.
- NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock thinks Rutgers "has continued to recruit well and develop talent well."
- Purdue football commitment Gelen Robinson (son of former Purdue basketball great Glenn Robinson and brother of current Michigan basketball player Glenn Robinson III) excels in football, track and wrestling and while it keeps him busy, that's how he likes it.
- One of the more interesting -- and sad -- parts of this Northwestern union story is Kain Colter's testimony on academic "clustering."
Gardner Feeling Comfortable With Offense
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28