Quick hits from Brady Hoke's presser
September, 18, 2012
By Michael Rothstein | ESPN.com
Michigan coach Brady Hoke spoke to the media for his 10 allotted minutes on the Big Ten conference call Tuesday afternoon. Here, as always, is a quick recap of what he said leading into Saturday's game against Notre Dame.
- On the Notre Dame rivalry: "Well, it’s really probably a decision I’ll have nothing to do with. I don’t know. I think it’s a great rivalry from a national perspective."
- On Denard Robinson's game last season: "Number one, for three quarters we did nothing on either side of the ball. That’s what I remember most. Denard, the fourth quarter, he played well, the receivers did a great job and Al Borges, some of the adjustments he made offensively."
- When asked why he hasn't been saying he is "hearing football," much like he did last season, Hoke said his team needs to be "more physical."
- On the Michigan defense: "We played a little better. When you look at from the techniques and fundamentals and the visual keys, everything you coach, there were still too many runs where I didn’t think we knocked line of scrimmage back enough … But we’re kind of a work in progress. We were a little bit that way last year, early in the season. We just have to continue to get better every time we go out.”
- On Notre Dame being faster: "“They are. They’re a little quicker at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. ... Offensively, [George] Atkinson is a 100-meter guy, he’s a playmaker for them. Cierre Wood is a playmaker. … You look at the tight ends, they have three tight ends that everyone in the country would like to have. … [Tyler] Eifert poses a big mismatch.”
WOLVERINENATION RECRUITING NEWS
MICHIGAN FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Adidas Men's Michigan Wolverines Blue 2013 Football Schedule T-shirt
- Big Ten Network retweeted
- Chantel Jennings retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38